Yesterday I was very pleased to be part of a development session facilitated by Caitlin Walker. Rather than paraphrase her very inspiring work I will share her Ted Talk.
The idea of clean questions has very many implications
- For promoting student and staff autonomy (and just plain personal autonomy)
- To promote self reflection
- To aid communication with clear meaning
- For enabling more co-operative self empowered learning (in the classroom or in life)
- For enabling learners to simply learn better
- To prepare our children for a future where they might cope amongst huge uncertainty and super complexity
What fascinates me about this work is how, by taking away value judgments in language, individuals can be empowered to facilitate their own life path and learning trajectory.